Traditional classroom versus online learning
The traditional way of teaching in a classroom and students attending to it has always been accompanied by many negative comments and thus giving the way for votes onto online learning. While the people incline to the online learning, one shall not forget that the classroom learning has its own merits that an online learning can never be able to replace. In a versus war, an equal attention has to be given to pros and cons of both the participants and here, below are the points that summarize the justification for traditional and online learning.
Traditional Classroom Learning
- The biggest advantage of this mode is that the student can appeal to an instructor face-to-face instantly when they are messed up with doubts about a subject. Thus there won’t be any concern arising out of fear that there is no one to answer or guide through instantly. A physical presence is much more promising than any means.
- Since the aspirant is not alone rather is surrounded by other aspirants as well, it gives a good exposure to how to get through the situations very well with the help of friends. Teamwork is a natural additive to the subject content in this mode and thus a nice experience of socializing.
- The limiting factor to the traditional classroom learning is the quick judgment about the ability to pick the concepts at a pace, that comes from either friends or tutor or the institution which is organizing classes. Thus, it is really discouraging to those who are struggling to learn the subject.
- The pupils have to physically move to the location where the class is present. In this process both time and money are consumed and few times it may cost the reduction in interest due to tiredness from the journey. Thus these drawbacks play an important role in maintaining the attendance strength of a class.
- In an online learning or e-Learning, the most beneficial feature it provides is the flexibility. It is the choice of a learner to select the place which would be comfortable to him/her and also there is no restriction on timings which is a contrast to the traditional way of fixed schedules. The user can attend the course on a day at the time when he/she is convenient. Thus, an equal importance is given to the learner, breaking the routine.
- No one is there to comment on the pace of learning hence the user is free of fear of being judged.
- Since everything is online, the user is given the provision to learn from various resources and thus a scope for a greater amount of knowledge.
- Unless the candidate has a strong motivation it is difficult for him/her to sustain with enough attention until the end of course. Most of them drop out from online courses due to lack of inner zeal.
2. Lack of fixed study structure makes it difficult for the aspirant to pick a right path to learn.